The melon team is happy to announce a new product feature - you can now share Background music with your audience! In this blog, we will cover some more details.
Before we start - as a kind reminder, please make sure you use royalty-free music to avoid DMCA violations. You can learn more about the legislation on the official page here.
How to add background music:
- In your studio, click on the "Share" icon and pick "Background audio"
- Select one or multiple tracks from your library and click "Open"
- You will see a small player to the left of your studio indicating that your music is ready to be played on stream!
After you've added your tracks, let's move on to the most exciting part - the music control panel!
The music control panel gives you options to:
- Play and pause a song.
- Control volume level.
- If you selected multiple tracks, you can create a queue, play the next audio in your list, or return to the previous one.
- See which one is currently playing in the queue.
Moreover, additional features included in our sharing functionality give you the best user experience, including:
- The ability to play a track before going live or during your stream.
- Sharing a video or your screen to the canvas without audio interruption.
- Your audio will continue playing where you left off if you need to pause a song.