Do you want to properly introduce yourself before your stream? Maybe you want to close things out by sharing content at the end of your show? Or you already have the perfect video to play at the end or beginning of your stream. We have you covered!
1. Media upload
- Media upload allows you (the host) to upload short video clips
- Once you've uploaded your video, we'll save it on the cloud forever!
- Share short video clips during any broadcast and at any time.
2. How are folks using media upload today
- Intros! A 30-second countdown timer is perfect to let your audience know that you should begin soon. Why? First, it generates hype and awareness for your broadcast. Next, it creates a critical mass for your stream so that you already have a few viewers watching when you start. After that, it just snowballs. The first 5-10 viewers are always tough, but if we can get the first 5-10 then the path to 100+ is easy.
- Outros! You can play media clips to signal that the show is ending. Or perhaps you want to play something engage signaling that you will be right back. This way your audience doesn’t need to stare at an empty chair while you get a glass of water or take a call.
- Custom use case to play anything you want. Yes, screenshare works too, but for media files and videos - media upload works best. If you want to play a video clip during your show - use media upload.
3. Simple 5-second guide to media upload
- Log into Melon
- Click Menu
- Click Video
- Pick from any available presets or upload your own! Standard users can upload up to 150 MB, Pro users can upload up to 300 MB. (Mp4, webm formats only)
With media upload on Melon, choose to start your stream with an intro, end your stream with an outro, or upload your own video file.
We had an overwhelming amount of Melon users asking for it so we're excited to deliver on that promise. We hope you enjoy this feature!
If you have ideas on where we can improve or you'd like to share thoughts with us - please feel free to email us at, [email protected] or follow us through all major social media sites. We read and respond to everything you send us!