Schedule LinkedIn Live with Melon!
You can now schedule livestreams to LinkedIn Live directly from Melon studio. Learn how step by step with pictures. Create high quality live streams for free and in seconds
With Melon, you can now schedule livestreams to LinkedIn Live. We are thrilled to partner with LinkedIn on this feature and to bring it to the Melon community.
How do you create a scheduled LinkedIn live stream?
- From your Melon Studio
- Click Schedule
- Select LinkedIn as your destination. Please note: unlike other streaming platforms, LinkedIn is built for professional audiences with specific requirements in order to stream on their platform. Please visit this page if you are not a verified broadcaster since you will need to apply. After you've been approved - connect your LinkedIn account through your Destinations page.
- Select from a Live-stream or pre-recorded video.
5. Enter your stream information such as the title, description, a thumbnail (optional), and the date and time you wish to schedule your LinkedIn Live event. We will automatically create an event posted to your Company/Profile's Activity section.
6. Let your community know of the upcoming event. Share it on your social channels. This will create a LinkedIn Live post. This post can be shared with anyone.
7. When it comes time for your scheduled event, you will need to initiate the scheduled stream by pressing the Schedule icon to Enter Studio in order for you to interact with the scheduled stream of your choice.
Can I edit my LinkedIn live schedule events similar to YouTube scheduled streams? No. Editing is not recognized on LinkedIn's site.
Can I delete my LinkedIn Live event?
- Yes. Please delete it from LinkedIn as well as from your Melon Scheduling tab. Deleting the stream from Melon will not delete it from LinkedIn and your live event will still be displayed on your LinkedIn page.
- Check out this guide from LinkedIn on how to delete a scheduled event. In short, you will need to go to your LinkedIn, look for events on the left-hand side and then click manage event to delete.
Is there anything else I need to know about scheduling streams to LinkedIn live from Melon? That's it. Just please remember that LinkedIn live has a few unique restrictions such as
- Not everyone can broadcast on LinkedIn. You must be a verified broadcaster. Apply here.
- You cannot edit scheduled LinkedIn Live event(s)
- Delete a scheduled LinkedIn live event from Linkedin and Melon.
- Please go live up to 15 minutes early and a maximum of 2 hours late for already scheduled streams.
- For official tips from LinkedIn click here
- Visit our blog on best practices for streaming to LinkedIn.