Don’t see a streaming destination that Melon supports? Choose to stream there via a Custom RTMP.
A Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP), allows you to stream to any other social destination that is not supported on Melon natively. As long as you know the RTMP Ingest URL and Streamkey, you can set that up as a destination on Melon.
1. Log in to Melon
If you log into Melon using your email, you will not need a password. Simply enter the verification you receive via your email inbox and enter your verification code on our login page.
2. Enable Microphone and Camera
If this is your first time logging into Melon, be sure to allow your browser to access both your camera and microphone. If there are any issues you encounter, simply reload the site and grant access to your camera and microphone when prompted. You can also double-check this by clicking on the lock icon located to the left of your browser's address bar.
3. Add Yourself to the Stream
Now you want to add yourself to the streaming canvas, which is the screen in the middle. Remember, whatever appears on this screen is what will appear on your livestream. Add yourself to the canvas by hovering over your camera feed and by clicking Show on Stream.
4. Go Live on your created Custom RTMP
Finally, click Go Live from your Melon Studio, select Add Custom RTMP, and enter the destination name, RTMP URL, and Streamkey.
- Custom RTMP allows you to stream to a site that's not Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn or Periscope.
- All you need is the URL and your stream key, which you should know from the destination where you are sending your stream.
- Don't forget to enable mic/camera access and have fun streaming!