Periscope is saying goodbye as it shut down at March 31 (more info here). But we don't! Periscope users that have created an account prior to the sunsetting of the app shouldn't be affected by this and still are able to use the Periscope destination without errors. However, if you notice that you can't stream using Periscope, don't worry - we have a plan!
To continue streaming to Twitter from Melon, please follow these steps:
- Go to your periscope account and click on your profile
- Under connected accounts add your Twitter account
- Log in to your Twitter account
- Go to Melon -> Settings -> Platforms and reconnect your Twitter account (or add it from "Go Live" pop up)
If you have not set up a Periscope account or linked your Twitter to the app you will have to use our Custom RTMP destination. To get this information please follow these steps:
- Go to your Twitter account and click on your profile
- Under “More” click on Media Studio
- Click Producer from the top navigation bar then click on the Sources tab
- Create a source by clicking on “Create Source”, name it, and select your region
- Click “Create” and your RTMP information will appear
- Go to Melon -> Settings -> Platforms -> Add Destination -> Custom RTMP (or add it from "Go Live" pop up)
- Enter your RTMP URL and RTMP Key then “Add”
That's it! Happy streaming.
If you have questions or ideas for us - please reach out via [email protected] and we would be more than happy to assist you.