Melon's new teleprompter function allows you to nail your live stream by displaying a script that only you will see on screen. In this blog, we'll show you how you can easily sound professional and polished.
What is Teleprompter
Teleprompter, also known as Autocue, is broadly used on TV during sportscasts, live events, or the news. Sometimes you need to pronounce words a specific way, or there might be complicated terminology to memorize, or there's no time to rehearse. With Melon's Teleprompter, simply read the text on screen while streaming for true professionalism.
How Does it Work
We decided to make it as simple as possible for our creators to utilize the teleprompter feature.
Set up Teleprompter with Melon
To enable Teleprompter:
- From your, Melon Studio click the Menu icon to Text
- Scroll down to the Teleprompter section
3. Click Add New and paste your script. To start a new paragraph, press Shift + Enter and begin a new paragraph. (Maximum character limit 2000 per teleprompter.)
4. Click Add to save it in your list. Add multiple copy options and put them on-screen one by one.
5. Click on Show to put it on screen. You can now read the text and sound like a pro! Edit, delete or add a new one to the list.
Teleprompter Control Panel
When you add your teleprompter to the screen, you will see three control buttons to choose from:
- Hide / Show = Hide the text from the screen or show the text.
- Play / Pause = Stop the text from scrolling on-screen; this is useful if you want to expand on a topic or respond to questions from the chat.
- Speed control = Adjust how fast your script scrolls on-screen. Set to 0.5 by default
We support Teleprompter on both desktop and mobile devices! Try it on your next livestream, and let us know if it was beneficial to your show!
- The Melon team 🍉