What Is Stream Forwarding?
Stream Forwarding (also known as RTMP in) allows you to connect to 3rd-party platforms with Melon in order to multistream to your favorite streaming destinations, taking advantage of both Melon and apps like OBS.
Who Is Stream Forwarding For
You might be interested in stream forwarding if you:
- Use Zoom regularly for calls/meetings and would like to stream to your favorite destinations
- Want to have custom layouts or scenes from sites like OBS displayed on-screen
- Want to have more than 9 participants on-screen
- Use multiple camera sources on platforms like Streamlabs Desktop
Stream Forwarding Setup
- From your Melon Studio click your profile icon to Settings.
2. From your menu click Stream Forwarding.
3. Click your Streaming Destinations which will be highlighted once selected.
(LinkedIn and Twitter are not supported for Stream Forwarding at the moment.)
4. Set your stream Title & Description and click Save Details.
- Open Streamlabs and click the gear icon at the bottom left.
2. Click the Stream tab and in Stream Type select Custom Streaming Server from the dropdown menu.
3. Copy and paste the Ingest Server URL and Stream key from your Melon Stream Forwarding page to your Streamlabs Desktop settings page.
4. Save your settings by pressing Confirm & Go Live.
Success! You're now live on Streamlabs using your connected Melon account through Stream Forwarding.
Stay tuned for more updates and let us know if you have additional questions or feature requests at, [email protected]
-The Melon team 🍉