Through our Stream Forwarding feature, you can choose to live stream on Zoom and connect to your already linked destinations on Melon. Let’s go over these steps below for proper setup:
- Pro subscription, Business, Education, or Enterprise account required
- The host is Licensed
- Zoom desktop client:
- Windows: version 4.0.29183.0407 or higher
- macOS: version 4.0.29208.0410 or higher
Enable live streaming on Zoom1. Sign in on Zoom's Main Page;
2. From your Settings page click Meeting:
3. From your Meeting tab click In Meeting (Advanced)
4. Scroll down until you see Allow live streaming of meetings. Enable this option and then check the box for Custom Live Streaming Service - once done, enter "melonapp.com" in the box provided below.
6. Now go back to your Meetings tab & navigate to Personal Room. Then click Live Streaming > Configure Custom Streaming Service.
7. Visit your Stream Forwarding settings page on Melon. Copy & paste the RTMPS Stream URL and Stream key and enter those details in the fields provided on Zoom to Configure Custom Streaming Service. Enter "https://melonapp.com/settings/rtmp" for the field Live streaming page URL and click Save.
Congratulations! You just allowed Zoom to stream using your Melon account!
Time to Start Live Streaming
1. Now that you have set up your Zoom with your Melon account, Open your Zoom and start a New Meeting or pick a meeting you already Scheduled.
2. On Melon, through your Stream Forwarding page, click the destinations you want to live stream your Zoom meeting to and click Save Details at the bottom of the page.
3. On your Zoom's New Meeting, locate and click the More... button and then click Live on Custom Live Streaming Service:
4. Re-enter your RTMPS URL and Stream Key info in order for Zoom to prepare your live stream meeting:
5. Zoom will then display a progress bar to prepare your live stream meeting:
6. The red box marked as 'Live' will be present during your Zoom meeting, letting you know that you are currently live streaming.
Once you’re done with the meeting, click the down-arrow next to the red Live indicator and hit Stop Live Stream. This will stop your live stream:
Removing Melon from Zoom account
In order to remove Melon from Zoom please:
- Log in to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Added Apps or search for the Melon app.
- Click the ‘Remove’ button.
Second option would be:
- Log in to your Zoom account and navigate to the Settings page;
- From your Meeting tab click on In Meeting (Advanced);
- Scroll down until you see Allow live streaming of meetings;
- Disable Custom Live Streaming service.
Share us your feedback about this new feature release by emailing us at [email protected] - we actively listen to our user feedback and improve daily! Happy Streaming.
The Melon team🍉