When you run into camera issues or get into the black screen state, it can sometimes be a very frustrating experience. There are a couple of reasons why this might be happening. Below we'll cover:
- Camera Overview
- How to allow access to your camera
- Common camera issues
To change your camera source, simply locate and click the up-arrow next to your Stop Video icon.
Swap out for another Video Input or change how you're shown by switching on the Mirror My Video mode.
Enable Your Camera From Your Browser
Your camera/microphone is not enabled on your Melon Studio by default. In order to allow access, locate and click the lock icon next to your browser's address bar to allow what your browser can use.
If you're using a Mac computer, you will need to add your browser by going to your System Preferences > Security and Privacy and Privacy tab.
You may be asked to Relaunch your browser in order to save these settings. Please do so if prompted to.
By not allowing your browser/computer to use your camera or mic (specific to Windows OS and Linux), you will see the following displayed message from y0ur Melon studio:
Common Camera Issues
Below is the guest onboarding page your guests will need to fill out after accepting an Invite Guest link.
If you or your guest(s) are unable to allow access to your camera, you may receive an error message stating that the camera is locked or is being used by another application. To resolve this:
1. For Windows/PC users, launch your Settings from the Start menu. (press Windows key + I)
2. Click on Privacy and scroll down to App permissions and click on Camera.
3. Scroll down to Allow desktop apps to access your camera - you will see it switched On along with a list of applications that your camera was used recently. “Currently in use” means that you have software opened already and that's using your camera, which prevents Melon from using it.
5. Close the application that's using your camera already and restart your browser by closing it out and reloading.
If you have any further concerns or questions, please reach us through email at [email protected]. Thank you.