Melon offers a few methods utilizing the chat feature:
- Private - Chat privately with your guests only.
- Stream - Chat publicly with your viewers only.
Private chat will not be displayed on your livestream and will only show chat replies between you and your guests.
Stream chat is used to chat with your viewers. Comments from all supported destinations will autofill through your Melon chat window. (500 character limit)
Social Platforms Supported
Great! How do I use it?
1. Click the Chat button (Shift+C) from your Melon Studio.
2. Once you're live, click the option for either Stream or Private.
3. Mouse over the comment to highlight a message by pressing the Show on Stream button or the Hide on Stream button to stop displaying your highlighted message.
Facebook does not display a viewer's name or profile picture by default when replying through chat. If you wish to display their name & picture while livestreaming please:
- Share https://melonapp.com/facebook by linking it to your stream description or by including it on a banner or ticker.
- Your viewers must visit the link in order to allow Facebook to publicly display their name and profile picture. Please see the example below.
You also have the option to display comments on-screen. You will however need a free Sreamlabs account to set up your Chatbox.
Chat Box Setup
1. To display your chatbox, click Apps (Shift+P) from your Melon Studio.
2. Click Widgets then click Connect Streamlabs. (Free Streamlabs account required.)
3. Once you've enabled your Chat Box, click the widget from your main canvas where you can then drag the corners to adjust the size of your displayed chatbox.
4. Edit your Chat Box settings through your Streamlabs Dashboard through All Widgets > Chat Box.
5. Add your destinations from your Streamlabs Account Settings page under Platforms in order to display your chatbox for the appropriate destination.