Exciting updates happened on Facebook. Schedule a broadcast and it will automatically create a Facebook Live Event.
- You will no longer see “Upcoming stream” on your Facebook feed when you schedule your broadcast on Melon (applies to both livestream and pre-recorded)
- You can now schedule your event later than 7 days in advance;
- You will now be able to share your live stream link on Facebook (no more “broken” links on Groups or Profiles);
- If you’d like to delete the scheduled broadcast to Facebook Profile and/or Group, you now need to do that manually on Facebook as well. Events from Pages will be deleted automatically;
- You are unable to edit the Facebook scheduled events temporarily with Melon. In order to do so please delete the destination from the scheduled live show and re-add Facebook destinations accordingly;
- Events are no longer displayed on your profile wall/feed. Scroll down on “How to add Events to the Profile wall” for details.
What Remains the same
- Schedule your stream on multiple destinations.
- Thumbnails will be displayed on the Event Page.
- Your audience will still need to allow permission to display their name/avatar if you schedule and stream to Facebook Group.
How to Schedule on Facebook with Melon
- Go to Melon Studio;
- Click on Schedule icon on right navigation;
- Click on the + Schedule button;
- Select the destinations of your choice;
- Pick the type of your stream (Live Stream or Pre-Recorded content);
- Set the date, time, name, and thumbnail of your choice;
- Hit the Schedule button;
- From the pop-up you see click on “Visit <Facebook destination name>” to get the event link and navigate to the Facebook:
From there you will see the new Event page:
How to add Events to the Profile wall?
With the recent Facebook change, it no longer auto-displays your upcoming events on the profile wall. In order to do this, you need to:
- Go to your Event and click on Share icon;
- Click on the “Share to Feed” option:
3. Pick your audience and proceed further:
If you have other questions or need further assistance = please contact us at [email protected]