Here's a quick walkthrough of your Melon Studio:
- Check Your Mic/Camera
- Melon Studio Overview
- Setting Up Your Destinations
What you need to go live on Melon
- Computer (PC/Mac) or device (Android/iOS)
- Internet connection (wired)
- Upload Speed per resolution: 720p = 5 to 7 Mbps or 1080p = 20 Mbps
- Preferred browsers: Chrome (PC/Mac/Android), Safari (iOS)
Check Your Mic/Camera
When first visiting Melon, click the lock icon next to your browser's address bar to "Allow" your browser to use your microphone/camera:
Now let's set up your microphone/camera to apply on your Melon Studio. Locate and click the up-arrow next to your Mute or Stop Video button to select your preferred Audio/Video Input.
Melon Studio Overview
1. To the left of your studio is where all your camera feeds will be displayed. (screenshares included)
- Send an invitation to your stream by pressing Add Guest. Copy & paste the URL into a new browser window. (Chrome preferred) See Guest Setup for guest onboarding tutorial.
- To display camera feeds please press Show on Stream highlighted in green per camera feed. This includes your guests, screen shares, as well as, yourself. Microphone will not be audible if not pressed.
- Send teammates a Co-host invite through your Team tab. See Co-Hosting for setup.
2. On the right of your studio are your Studio Settings for personalization options such as Chat, Scheduling, or editing fonts through Styles. Click each to familiarize yourself.
(From Top to Bottom)
Account - Visit your billing page, set up your destinations, or review your broadcast history with downloads available.
Chat - Show/Hide comments from your viewers or guests through stream chat. See Stream Chat for further details.
Schedule - Schedule your stream in advance. See Scheduling for details.
Design - Add your own logo, background, or overlay.
Styles - Edit fonts, title cards, brand color or themes.
Text - Add a banner, ticker, or teleprompter on-screen.
Video - Add a green screen background or set up videos as your intro/outro.
Settings - Participant & Livestream Settings including record options.
Apps - Integration of Streamlabs apps for donations, chat moderation, and alerts.
3. At the very bottom of your studio are your main live stream controls.
Mute - Turn off your mic. Click the up-arrow for audio input/output options.
Stop Video - Turn off your camera. Click the up-arrow for video input/output options.
Add Cam - Add multiple cameras (not including guests)
Share - Share your screen, window, tab, video, or add background audio.
React - Real-time live stream sound effects.
Record - Instantly record without livestreaming.
Go Live - Go live to your streaming destinations.
Setting Up Your Destinations
Your social media accounts are defined as your Destinations on Melon. If you own multiple pages per social media, please log out of the social media account before clicking Add Destination to link to a different social media channel.