Instagram is known to not support live streaming services on their platform natively. To ensure our users have this ability, a third-party service would be required to gain access to an RTMP URL and Stream Key in order to link your IG account to your Destinations page on Melon.
To set up your RTMP for your IG account:
1. Visit your Destinations page and press Add Destination > Add Custom RTMP.
2. Visit https://instafeed.me/ and log into your Instagram account as you would normally.
3. You will find a no signal preview. You must press Create New Broadcast in order to generate a new Stream Key per stream.
4. Copy & paste the provided INSTAGRAM RTMPS Server URL and Stream key on instafeed to your Melon Custom RTMP field.
4. Press Go Live on Melon and select your newly created RTMP Destination when prompted. When you're done with your stream, please press End Stream on Melon AND Stop Broadcast on Instafeed to recognize the stream is over on both parties otherwise your stream will keep running on Instagram.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Instagram won't fetch comments due to the nature of the connection through RTMP.
- Instagram will crop the video in vertical mode automatically. Please ensure to use Melon's Portrait Mode for more than 1 person on stream.
- You will not be able to see yourself while streaming. Your followers can view your livestream by pressing your IG profile icon when your profile is marked as 'LIVE.'
- Your stream will be saved only through your instafeed.me history found at the bottom of the page.
- Please ensure you have saved your IG settings to Archive your lives separately, otherwise your lives will not be saved to your IG account.